Chalkboard CLASS Project
Mission Statement: Committed to engaging every student without exception and delivering the best educational opportunities for all.
- Attraction & Retention: Attract & retain the best teachers, support staff, and administrators.
- Employee Skills: Develop, encourage, and reward the acquisition and use of skills and practices that lead to effective teaching and learning.
- Career Opportunity: Provide Sherwood staff with meaningful and rewarding opportunities for advancement in the profession, based on the acquisition of skills and practices that lead to effective teaching and learning.
- Employee Performance: Motivate and recognize employee efforts and performance that lead directly to improved job performance.
- Accountability: Promote a sense of ownership for results and a commitment to perform in a manner that insures Sherwood School District is A Great Place For All Kids.
- Communication: Enable staff to develop a keen understanding and alignment with the Sherwood School District Mission.
- Cost: Career enhancement programs that will be sustainable, affordable, and aligned with Sherwood's educational and fiscal objectives.
Newsletters - See archived copies of the Sherwood CLASS Currents Newsletter. This newsletter is designed to help people stay informed about the work of your CLASS Teammates and district-wide initiatives
Edition 1: January 2008
Edition 2: February 2008
Edition 3: April 2008
Edition 4: May 2008